Wellness and nutrition for pets has become more important than ever. Awareness among people is also fast-growing. Pet-owners are more focused on preventive healthcare and general wellness to improve the overall quality of life for their pets, keeping them in the best of their health.
Every year, 600,000 pets are adopted in India, and even more are being bred and bought. Dogs are the most popular pets in India while cats are second most popular. People are more open to having pets at home, as a companion as well as a part of their own mental wellness.
–> SEE ALSO: Does Your Cat Blink Frequently?
As a result, people are spending more on the nutritional needs of their pets to keep them healthy and happy. In 2022, the Indian veterinary healthcare market is valued at $169 million and is expected to reach $186 million by 2027.
Why is Pet Wellness So Important?
As pet-owners, you can give conditions for proper exercise, play with them and spend cuddle time to tend to the pets’ psychological needs. But the truth remains that for basic health and nutritional requirements, most Indian pets are faring bad.
–> SEE ALSO: Pets, Parasites & You
Here are some of the important facts about the nutritional requirements of pets:
1. Vitamin Requirements: Outwardly, a pet may be seemingly healthy but with vitamin deficiencies they tend to grow weaker with age. Eliminating common vitamin and amino acid deficiencies can help a pet avoid serious health problems later in life.
2. Iron: Cats and dogs tend to adapt to anaemic conditions i.e. not having enough iron in their blood. But this is not healthy for the animals in the long run. Moreover, anaemic conditions can also occur due to hemorrhage from gastrointestinal tumours. Or genetic conditions. In these cases, supplementing their iron intake is important to keep their energy levels up, keeping them active and happy.
3. Good Digestion: While the digestive system of dogs and cats are fairly tough, they can encounter complications occasionally. Food is often the greatest source of excitement for most pets and having a poor digestion can cause a lot of discomfort and distress for them. Excessively oily, salty human food is bad for companion animals. Some pets may also have chronic indigestion or a poor appetite in which case, appetizers or digestive supplements are advised.
4. Immune System Boost: As pets are in their formative years, the condition of their health defines the strength of the immune system for the rest of their lives. Also as they grow old with age, they are more likely to be prone to illnesses and common diseases. Therefore, supplementing the pet’s immune system against disease-causing infections is essential.
5. Fiber Requirements: The health of the gastrointestinal system along with smooth bowel movements is entirely dependent on the right quantity of dietary fiber in dogs. Between 2% to 4% of the dog’s food must be fiber in order to meet this requirement. Too less and too much can cause digestive issues. If your dog is a picky eater, you can consider herbal appetizers that aid bowel movement.
SAVA Vet Wellness Range
Sava Vet is a leading producer and manufacturer of small animal healthcare products and pharmaceuticals. With a range of differentiated products across therapy areas, Sava Vet aims to meet the current unmet medical needs of Veterinarians.
With the aim of better pet nutrition, Sava Vet has an extensive range of Wellness and Nutrition medicines and supplements. These are prepared with the utmost care and precision, keeping in mind the needs of our small companions:
The composition of this tablet is Ferrous Asparto Glycinate, L-Methyl Folate, Methylcobalamin, Zinc Sulphate. This special formulation is suitable for both cats and dogs.
This helps to fight:
- Iron deficiency anaemia (IDA).
- Nutritional deficiency anaemia.
- Patients recovering from tick fever, CPV.
- Anaemia during pregnancy & lactation.
- Improves health of weak & debilitating animals.
- Helps to boost immunity in young and aging animals.
The composition of this herbal appetizer syrup includes proven herbal ingredients like Amla, Thai Ginger, Jeera, Brahmi, Ashwagandha and Trikatu. PETSAPP is indicated for the use of pets that have loss of appetite, loss of weight, under-weight pets, indigestion and are recovering from illness.
This syrup helps by:
- Stimulating appetite.
- Increasing bile secretion.
- Curing digestion problems.
- Aiding in bowel movement & digestion.
This is available as both 100 ml and 200 ml bottles, depending on the dosage patterns of the pet. This appetizer syrup is suitable for pet birds, adult dogs and cats, puppies and kittens.
This is a multi-vitamin and essential amino acid syrup that provides vitamins and minerals which are necessary for growth and overall wellbeing of pets. With a perfect blend of 10 Vitamins and 10 Amino Acids, it has unmatched palatability and may become your pet’s favourite wellness syrup.
- Fight fatigue.
- Restore energy.
- Fill nutritional gaps.
- Promote growth & development.
- Maintain healthy skin & coat.
- Prevent recurrent infections.
- Provide strength during recovery from illnesses and injuries.
It is highly beneficial for pregnant and lactating dogs, and can be used to meet the general nutritional need of pet birds, adult dogs and cats, puppies and kittens.
The composition of this Immunity Booster Syrup includes proven herbal ingredients like Tulsi, Aloe vera, Turmeric and Giloy.
- Provide protection against infections.
- Boost disease resistance.
- Support natural immune response.
This is available as both 100 ml and 200 ml bottles, depending on the dosage patterns of the pet. The immunity booster syrup is suitable for pregnant and lactating dogs, adult dogs and cats, puppies and kittens.
The composition of this Platelet Enhancer Syrup includes Papaya leaf extracts, Giloy and Kalmegh which have scientifically proven benefits for healthy blood formation.
- Papaya leaf extract boosts platelet production.
- Giloy helps acts as a blood purifier.
- Kalmegh acts as a natural antioxidant.
- ADVAPLAT enhances platelet count.
- It promotes recovery in anaemic conditions.
This is available as both 100 ml and 200 ml bottles, depending on the dosage patterns of the pet. The platelet enhancer syrup is suitable for pregnant and lactating dogs, adult dogs and cats, puppies and kittens.
Wellness for pets is no longer a luxury with the wide range of pet wellness products that Sava Vet offers. It has not been easier for pet-owners to keep track of the nutritional needs of their pets with the specific products for specific needs of their small companions.
Thousands of happy pet parents and companions trust in Sava Vet for a healthy quality life for their pets.
–> SEE ALSO: Why is my dog so itchy?